Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Saturday, August 02, 2003

This happened about a week ago, but I'm just getting around to mentioning it: For some reason over a space of two days, there were lots of 666's in my life. I mentioned on my blog that my hit counter read 1666, then the next day when I parked my car at work, I noticed the little odometer on my car, the reset-able distance measuring one, had stopped on 666 miles, then when I got home from work that night a friend I hadn't seen since high school had called because he was back in town for a week, and left his phone number, and the last four digits were 6668. So, another strange example of synchronicity. I have no idea what it means though.

After I wrote that post last night, I didn't go to bed like I said I was going to, instead I played Knights of the Old Republic some more. In all I played it for about ten hours yesterday.

Here are some cool links I've found in the last few days.

http://www.psy.ritsumei.ac.jp/%7Eakitaoka/t2_03.jpg This is one of the coolest optical illusions I've ever seen. It takes a long time to load, but it's really cool.

Cut the Mullet One of the most annoying songs I've ever heard, but it's pretty funny. And it's about a mullet.

Stereo Images This person has figured out how to use animated gifs to create three dimensional pictures. They look really cool, and they're pretty cool photos too, very artistic. Warning, some nudity.

San Francisco Weekly -- The Wizard of Ass Has Spoken! A newspaper story about Hal Robins, a very cool underground comic book artist, and fellow member of the Church of the SubGenius.

The Complete Illustrated Catalog of Acme Products Shows a picture of every Acme product ever shown in Warner Brother's cartoons. Takes a while to load.

DateJesus.com Yes, now YOU can date Jesus!

SlackMan A cool Pac Man like video game. Run around the office eating donuts and Xeroxing your butt, while avoiding the Boss and his little butt-kissing lackeys.

"THE WWW FAN WEB PAGE FOR TUBCAT THE FATTEST KITTY EVA :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Fucking Hilarious. A huge, fat-ass cat. I hope the spelling mistakes and typos on this page were done on purpose, no one could possibly be that stupid.

Well, I have a few more, but I have to get ready for work now. Fuck, I have to work a nine-and-a-half hour shift.


If you can't say "Fuck", then you can't say "Fuck the Government." -- Lenny Bruce