Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Monday, August 25, 2003

Mmmm, Mila Jovovich's tits. The Fifth Element is on again. She is so hot.

Alicia is fighting a losing battle with her Google ads. Her Google ads are even worse than mine. They always generate ads for things that have nothing to do with her website. A lot of the time they are religious. So yesterday she made a post that was just a list of things she likes, so maybe Google would see them and give her better ads.

"vampires, Stupid google. I'm gonna write about things I like today. Ice cream. Vampires, blood, music, bass guitar, drums, flannel pants, tanktops, pants, spoons, vampires, Bush, wicca, witches, movies, Stuart Townsend, Matt Morris, Gavin Rossdale, ice cream. Vampires. Ok. I'm done."

So far it's not working today the ad was something in Italian, which makes sense I guess, becuase for some reason she has it set up so that the date headers on her posts is in Italian. I clicked the link, as far as I can tell, it's some kind of concert tour, with shirts and hats for sale that have pumpkins on them. And it's free. I've always had a talent with languages, or the latin-based ones anyway. A lot of the time I can recognize the latin roots of the words, and figure out what some words mean. For example:

"Concerti gratuiti per tutto agosto Scarica l'invito e scegli il regalo." Actually I didn't do to good with this one, all I can understand is "free concert," "August," and something about being invited.

"A quale concerto di Tour Arancio desideri partecipare?" Which concert of Tour Arancio do you wish to attend? Or participate in, I'm not sure. Then it gives a list of dates and places of the various performances, and you click one, and type in your name and email address.

Well, I didn't get much done on my Wizard of Speed and Time webpage yesterday. Mostly just research, looking at the few other web pages about the topic, and obtaining pictures and other things to put on my page. I didn't get very much coding done. I should get a lot done my next day off, maybe enough to even get the webpage up and running. I have to go to work in a little while, so I wont get to work on it today.