Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Saturday, August 09, 2003

"I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead. Every single one of them. And not just the men... but the women... and the children too. They're like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals!"

I just got done re-enacting that scene from Star Wars Episode II. I was playing Knights of the Old Republic, and just killed an entire village of Sand People. I killed something like 50 od them. There weren't any children, but there was a few women, and I killed them too. I could've opted for a peaceful solution, I initially snuck in using a disguise, some Sand People clothes I got off of one I killed out in the desert, but once I got into the village they could tell up close that I wasn't a real Sand Person, but I had a droid that could speak the Sand People language, and he translated for me, and they were very surprised that I would take any kind of non-violent interest in them, and eventually made a deal. The cheiftain said that if I'd bring them some moisture vaporators they'd move their settlement further out into the desert, and stop attacking the people of Anchorhead. But I didn't feel like going to all this trouble of finding moisture vaporators and probably having to pay for them, plus, the Sand People had some Jawa slaves I needed to rescue, and if they'd just moved they would have taken their slaves with them, so in the end, I just ran back in and killed them all.

So yeah, my guy, who's named Hando Kahn, is a Dark Jedi. He's not extremely evil yet, he's just begun his corruption by the dark side, but I'm working on turning him evil quickly. He's evil enough I got a Gamorrhean raiding party to turn tail and run off into the desert just by threatening them. He is wearing Dark Jedi robes I got from some Dark Jedi he killed, and is using two light sabers, one in each hand, both red.

I love this game.

My toes are fine today, they don't hurt at all. They didn't even hurt yesterday. The doctor said they'd hurt, and recommended I take Aleve or Advil, so as soon as I got home from the doctor I took one Aleve. I haven't taken anything since. I took the bandages off today, the doctor said to just keep them on about 24 hours. They don't even look that bad. Of course, I haven't worn shoes or been on my feet much since then, so it might hurt if I try to wear shoes, or stand up for long periods of time, like at work or something. Luckily I don't work until Monday, so hopefully they'll be good by then. I'm hoping to leave the house for a little while tomorrow, so I'll know tomorrow if shoes are gonna hurt or not.

Man, I can't believe it's 4:00 already, I've been awake since 11:00 but it only seems like I've been awake a couple of hours.


"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter." -- Yoda