Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Thursday, August 28, 2003

I had been planning on working on the web page today, since I was off work, but I didn't. Instead I've been watching movies for the last five hours. I bought the Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers DVD today, even though I had been saying I wasn't going to. I wasn't going to buy it, I was going to wait until November and buy the 4-disc special edition. But I guess I'll end up buying both versions, just like I did wth the first movie, even though I didn't like this movie that much. I hated it when I saw it in the theater. I only saw it once I hated it so much, and I almost walked out before it ended. It was nothing like the book. I thought maybe I'd like it better the second time I saw it, especially since it's been a while since I read the book, but I still didn't like it very much. I liked it better than when I saw it in the theater, but I still don't think it's as good as the first movie.

I also bought the Clerks DVD. Another movie I didn't like very much the first time I saw it, but figured I'd like better the second time, and this time I was right. I've only seen it once, and that was about a year ago, and I wasn't in the greatest mood when I was watching it, so I didn't like it that much. I like the animated series though, so I decided to give it another chance, and I liked it much better this time. I've never seen Mallrats, or Chasing Amy. The first Kevin Smith movie I ever saw was Dogma, and I loved it, I have it on DVD and I've watched it many times. I've also seen Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back once, and it was hilarious, I almost bought it today too. I've seen most of Mallrats, but only on channels that had to censor out every other word, thus making it suck.

Once again, it's too fucking hot. It got up to like 102 or something today, and got up to 80 in the house. It's still 76 in here. Luckily it's supposed to cool down all of a sudden. Saturday it's gonna be like 98 degrees, but then Sunday the high is only going to be 75 degrees, and they say it will feel even colder than that. I can't wait. They also say this will probably be, in the words of the weather man, "Summer's last hurrah." After it cools down on Sunday, it will probably stay cool the rest of the summer. Well, cool for Oklahoma, only in the 80s instead of 90s and 100-plus temperatures. I hope they're right.

Well, Robert Anton Wilson is now running for governor of California too. He missed all the sign up dates and stuff, but he's the official write in candidate for the "Guns and Dope Party." Their party motto, which they got from Wilson is "Like what you like, enjoy what you enjoy, and don't take crap from anybody." The main points of his campaign are "Guns for those who want them, no guns for those who don't," "drugs for those who want them, no drugs for those who don't," "freedom of choice, free love, free speech, free Internet and free beer," and the secession of CA from the union, meaning California will leave the U.S. and become it's own country. He also plans on replacing 33% of the current politicians (chosen at random) with ostriches, "whose mysterious and awesome dignity will elevate the suidean barbarity long established there." I'm not sure, but that may be supposed to say "eleviate" instead of "elevate." See the official announcement here.

Alicia would like this, on Insomniac some women are boxing, and one's getting her ass kicked, and she looks kinda like Crystal, well, she's short and chubby anyway, and she's getting her ass kicked.

Now I'm bored, maybe I'll watch another movie, maybe Fight Club, I love that movie. Last night I was up until 3:00 a.m. watching Dr. Strangelove, Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb. Man, that's a long movie title, and I'm really getting tired of italicizing things.

Hmm, what else can I talk about?

Today at Hastings they had a Jesus action figure, "With poseable arms and gliding action!" It had wheels on the bottom so it would glide along. I have a little "Buddy Christ, like from Dogma. Wow, that goes along with what I was just talking about, and what I was talking about earlier. Talk, write, type, whatever. Fuck you.

I notice today that on Alicia's website there are now no Google ads at all, just a blank space. It's just tormenting her.

The other day I found all my old Dr. Demento tapes! Back when I was in 8th grade, I think it was, I learned about the Dr. Demento show, which is syndicated around the country and was on one of the radio stations here. I listened to it for a couple of months, and recorded it every week, but then they took it off the air here. Well yesterday I found a box of cassette tapes, I was wondering where they were, I hadn't seen them for a year or two. Now I just need to figure out which box all my old tape players are in.

Wow, long post.