Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Tuesday, August 19, 2003

Great day for me, for upon getting home from work, I discovered that I had a MAILBOX FULL OF FUN! Man, I'm gonna have to start a band, just so I can call it "Mailbox Full of Fun," or maybe something besides "Fun," but Mailbox Full of ANYTHING would make a cool band name.

Anyway. I got home from work and all the things I had ordered recently had come in today. First off, a book. A very hard to find book. John Shirley's "Black Hole of Carcosa," of which there are not very many copies left. This is a very weird sci-fi book, and though I've never read it, I've heard it is AMAZING! It must be cool, because it features such Church of the SubGenius personalities as Ivan Stang, the Fightin' Jesus, and "Bob" himself! PRAISE "BOB!" One scene in the book features "Bob" and Jesus engaging in the BLOODY MASSACRE OF HUNDREDS OF SMURFS! Oh man, I can't wait to read this.

But perhaps even better than that, my copy of the DVD of Robert Anton Wilson's new movie "Maybe Logic" came in. I can't wait to watch it. The package alone is amazing! Since it's a two disc set, the case is one of those ones that fold out a couple of times, and it's held closed with a black, heavy-duty rubber-band with "Maybe Logic" printed on it. The case on the outside is black, with some kind of city street map faintly printed on it. The map is backwards, but several words are printed large and turned the right way, these are "Santa Cruz", "Twin Lakes State Beach", and "Capitola," and then there's a big eye-in-the-pyramid on the top center of the box, above the title. The inside of the case has pictures of various letters and documents, such as letters from Timothy Leary. The movie also came with a high quality business card, which is adorned with a couple of fancy symbols and states "The bearer of this card is a genuine and authorized TSAR. Like what you want, enjoy what you enjoy, and don't take crap from anybody. Genuine and authorized by the House of Apostles of Eris. Every man and woman is a tsar. Reproduce and distribute this card freely -- Maybe Logic Head Temple, Republic of California."

I'm gonna be really busy the next few days. Busy having FUN!


"Stop Thinking. Accept "Bob." Exterminate Normals. Amen."