Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Monday, July 28, 2003

Tonight at work, Daniel got a telephone call from his wife, which he later told me about, because it was funny. Here's basically how part of it went:

Olivia: They should reactivate our cell phones sometime in the next few hours now. We just have to pay the bill by Wednesday.
Daniel: Where are you calling from?
Olivia: My cell phone... (pause) Oh yeah! Never mind. I guess they're reactivated already.

I have to train a new person at work tomorrow. I hate training people. I'm training my replacement, basically. Since I'm hopefully getting that prison job very soon.

I feel like a traitor or something. I feel bad about going to work at the prison. I hate the government, and here I am going to be a part of it, and one of the worst parts of it: law enforcement.

Chris Rock is on HBO, he's hilarious.


"Aggression is simply another name for government. Aggression, invasion, government are interchangeable terms. The essence of government is control, or the attempt to control. he who attempts to control another is a governor, an aggressor, an invader; and the nature of such invasion is not changed, whether it be made by one man upon another man, after the manner of the ordinary criminal, or by one man upon all other men, after the manner of an absolute monarch, or by all other men upon one man, after the manner of a modern democracy." -- Benjamin Tucker