Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Tuesday, July 29, 2003

This is pretty weird. As I mentioned last night, I was looking over my site statistics, seeing where people got to my site from. Surprisingly, about half of the people find my site by searching Google, or some other search engine, for the phrase "Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K," which is a quote from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. I'm surprised so many people remember that quote and search for it. Reviewing a search for that phrase I was also surprised by how many sites have that name, besides mine. Several other people found my site by searching for phrases along the lines of "I can tell you my love for you will still be strong after the boys of summer are gone." Some people search for some pretty long phrases. That is, of course, part of the lyrics for "Boys of Summer" by the Ataris, and previously by someone else. I posted these lyrics on my site a week or two ago, so when people search for it, my site is one of the first results. Several other people alse found my site by searching for "Egyptian God Yu-Gi-Oh cards for sale," because about a month ago I mentioned that I bought some Egyptian God cards. A couple of other people found my site through a search for "Hysterectomy" because of the post several months ago where I mentioned my mom was going in for surgery. Only one person out of the last hundred got to my site through the link on Alicia's site.

Dammit, I have to get ready for work soon. And I have to train a new girl too. I hate training people, because I'm too shy and nervous around people. What's gonna make it even worse for me is that I've been told she's pretty attractive. I've never seen her before, but that's what one of my coworkers told me last night.

Hmmmm. I'm running out of quotes to put down here.