Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Saturday, February 08, 2003

Well, it appears I've finally got this new layout working. But the big news is,

The stuff I ordered from J-List finally came! As with so many things in life, especially when you were a kid, the packaging is more fun than the stuff inside. Actually, the box isn't anything great, but instead of putting styrofoam packing peanuts in the box, they padded it with crumpled up Japanese newspaper ads, which I have now carefully smoothed out. One is some sort of electronics store. About the only English on the ad is the word "Plugcity" down in one corner, which I assume is the name of the store.

I almost hate to open any of the stuff I ordered. Because I'd have to rip or tear most of them open, and the packages are too cool looking, with all the Japanese writing and funny cartoon people on them. I ordered several varieties of strange Japanese candies and snack products. I also ordere some Miso soup mix. I don't know if I'll like it though. Miso soup contains seaweed and tofu. I ate some seaweed once, it was kinda gross. I've never had tofu. I also got a Hamtaro notebook for my sister.

I'm glad this stuff finally came, it's late, and I was worrying about it. I was about to send an angry email.

I signed up for two day delivery on the MegaTokyo shirt I ordered late Thursday evening. It was supposed to ship Friday, so since two days from then would be Sunday, hopefully it will get here Monday.

I love ordering things. But I hate waiting for them.