Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Sunday, February 02, 2003

And now a special report.

Space Shuttle Columbia: Accident, or Conspiracy?

Ok, well, probably not, but I did notice several weird things about it. My mom first pointed a couple of them out to me, and once she mentioned it, I noticed some more odd things surrounding this whole affair.

As most everyone's pointed out. This happened almost on the anniversary of the Challenger disaster. Today's Columbia disaster occured on February 1st, the Challenger explosion occurred on January 28th. Another odd coincidence is that this was Columbia's 28th mission. Also, both shuttle's names began with C.

For all you Discordians/Erisians/Robert Anton Wilson fans, I've been trying to find some 5s or 23s, but I haven't yet. I did find a 17 though. This is the 17th anniversary of the Challenger explosion.

Something I find really creepy is the resemblance between two of the crew members. Look at a picture of Christa McAuliffe, the woman who died in the Challenger disaster, and look at a picture of Laurel Clark, one of the women that died on the Columbia. They could be twins! It's almost impossible to tell them apart! I mean it, check out this comparison picture I made. 2astronauts.jpg

So, there's some pretty weird coincidences going on here. Maybe they aren't coincidences?