Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Wednesday, September 11, 2002

September 10th, 2002. Well, it just turned midnight, so it's technically the 11th. But, just this once, I'm not going to get technical, and I'm still going to proceed like it's the 10th. Anyway, let's begin again.

September 10th, 2002. The day before the anniversary of the terrorist attacks on America. And I say...who gives a fuck? I'm sick of hearing about it! I was sick of hearing about it a week after it happened. I liked the coverage of it at first, because it was entertaining. But after a few days of it, it got boring! The same thing happened with the Murrah Building bombing in Oklahoma, from which I live only about 30 or 40 miles away. I didn't care about that, and I don't care about the WTC. No one I know was involved in either of them, no one I know was hurt. And as long as none of my close friends or I are hurt, I don't give a fuck how many people the terrorists kill. I'm not worried about it. I live in the middle of nowhere, there's not much chance they're going to bomb anything here. The only thing I'm worried about is Anthrax, or something else chemical or biological.

They say there's a good chance of another attack of some kind tomorrow, (or today if you want to be really anal about it). Now I'm not hoping they attack, I'm not going that far, but if they do, let's just say I'll be watching the news coverage of it for the entertainment value.

"We'll never forget." Hell no, we'll never forget, they wont let us! It's been a year people, get over it! People die every day! It's been a year and they're still talking about it! Constantly! It makes me want to kick a hole through the TV every time they say the words "September 11th," "World Trade Center," or "Osama bin Laden." Everytime I see a sign, or a poster, or a bumper sticker, or anything else that says, "God Bless America," or "These colors don't run," or anything else like that, I just want to scream, and rip the sign down, or run the car off the road. But I just got a new car, I don't want to ruin it with bloodstains so soon after I got it. It's a very nice car. Yes, I care about my car more than I care about, oh, just about everyone!

In order to protect myself from the assload of September 11th memorial programming they'll be shitting onto us from almost every channel tommorrow, (okay, okay, TODAY!) I'm not turning my TV off of the Cartoon Network (where it nearly always is anyway).

Yeah, yeah. I know my views are extremely unpopular, and I'm going to get tons of hate mail, and possibly be arrested by the government sponsored terrorist group known as the Office of Homeland Defense, or whatever they're called. Because after all, after the September 11th attacks, free speech, and certain other freedoms, had to be taken away from us, "For our own safety," they say. If you can figure that one out, please explain it to me. On second thought, don't. If that makes sense to you, you're obviously the kind of idiot that I don't want to talk to. The kind of idiot that makes me want to ruin my new car.

So, by now you hate me. Good. I hate you too, and I've never even met you.

And tomorrow, when you're watching your little September 11th shows and crying and hating the terrorists like a good little American sheep, remember what Adolf Hitler said: "The death of one is a tragedy. The death of millions is just a statistic." For ultimately, this is how the victims of the September 11th attacks will be remembered, as just a statistic. A mere number, on the page of a history book, scribbled on by a bored child. All the loved ones lost in this attack will be reduced to merely this. And I will laugh.


Don't waste your time sending me hate mail. I won't even read it. Just think of me as the "shock jock" of the Internet.

SubSpecies23